Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

1st day of church!

On Saturday 9/25/10 you went to church for the first time! I took you to my church, Crossroads. I was a little bit late getting there because I was in a rush to leave on time...I forgot your bottles! I didn't realize I forgot the bottles until I was halfway there, I felt like the worst mommy ever, so, I had to make a pit stop to Meijer to buy a bottle + formula. When I got to church the music was already playing, I had planned on bringing you in the auditorium with me but it was a little too loud for your sweet, little ears. So, Aunt Maureen and I took you to the nursery. I cried!! I had never left you with anyone who wasn't family. I took pictures of you in the nursery in your tuexdo shirt (hey, you had to dress up for Jesus. What is more dressed up than a tux?).

I went to listen to the sermon with Aunt Maureen and it was neat...they had a sermon on "playing". They had constured a huge playground on the stage with a tire swing made from a monster truck tire!! The sermon was actually given by a guest speaker, a woman who was pregnant. I could really relate to her since I was pregnant with you 2 months ago! She spoke about needing to take time for Sabatth and this includes rest and playing. I dont get too much rest with you just yet, you still need me a lot, which I love. The not sleeping part I don't love, but, I do it because I love you and it is my greatest gift to take care of you. But, I do get a lot of playing with you!! Some things that you like to do for play is sit in your bouncy seat or swing. You like making funny faces and noises with daddy. He sits you on his chest and you put your feet on his mouth! You like it when I read to you. You like it when I dance around the room with you and make up songs, this makes you laugh.

After church you got to meet Adam for the first time! He is Aunt Maureen's boyfriend and while he says that he doens't do too well with babies, he did say that you were one the best babies he has met. I think he does just fine with babies actually...he even has his future kids names picked out :-) Doesn't do great with babies my ass. We all 3 went to pick you up from the nursery. I had tears streaming down my face when I picked you up, I had missed you so much! I know I was only gone for an hour, but, my heart ached to be with you. I am going to be a hot mess when I have to leave you to go back to work full time. I guess you didn't miss me too much because you did great!! You were sucking away on a bottle when I went to pick you up, happy as a clam.

Then we went to get Indian food, probably one of my favorite (and yours while you were growing inside me) foods. When you were in my tummy, I craved Indian food more than any other food! I even requested it for the first thing I ate after my 26 hour labor where I couldn't eat or drink anything. Believe me, Indian food and your mom are good friends. I wonder if you will like it when you get old enough to eat real people food?

After dinner we went to get icecream at Graeters. It was fun! Except when I had to change you. I change you more than anyone has ever changed a baby in their life. I ended up changing you at church, on the floor of the indian restraunt, and on a park bench during icecream. You pee like a racehorse! :-)

Right now you are watching Sunday football with Daddy, I suspect this will become a fun tradition for you! And church will too!

4 comments:

  1. aww steph! so glad that you included adam & i in such a momentous first for abiel! i wouldn't have missed it for the world.

    abiel is now officially a Jesus freak! Just like is aunt maureen!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being part of this day for him! I loved going to church with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great story! you're a great mom steph. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abiel will be so blessed when he is able to read and understand your words, but right now you are blessing the rest of us as we get this unique peek into your world with your new son.

    ReplyDelete