Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

December round-up

Baby Nelson,

You had a fanastic Christmas!! We kicked off the holiday season by volunteering. My friend Erin, you and me went to deliver christmas cookies to a nursing home. We made all different types...walnut cranberry, snickerdoodle, chocolate chip, peanut butter....and of course, none were sugar free. Since, like, over half of the residents were diabetic, we had to leave the cookies up front for the nurses to sneak to the non-diabetic residents so the diabetic ones didn't feel left out. Face palm. Fail. But, we know better for next time! :-) The residents LOVED you. Apparently, a little baby is the elderly version of crack cocaine. One woman specifically asked to be rolled into the dining room by her aide and in a very serious tone asked me "Did you steal this baby?!". When I told that in fact, you were not a stolen child, she seemed relieved and told me about her own 5 sons. You got to meet a 100 year old lady who just loved you and in fact you got your picture taken with her. We will print out the picture and take it to her after New Years as a suprise! She was born Aug 10, 1910 and you were born July 27, 2010....amazing 100 year difference. We went room by room and you met all types of wonderful, interesting people and you got to listen to their stories. You did great. I cant wait to go back with you and I hope that we can continue to volunteer together year after year my sweet boy.






You had a wonderful Christmas! You got way too much stuff. We all went overboard because this is your first Christmas ever and stuff for you is really, really cheap. Ask me again when you are 14 and want every electronic thing at Best Buy. My favorite gift for you was this awesome high chair that your Grammy got for you! It has a toy in it so that you are entertained while I shovel food in your mouth :-). It works too!!! You love eating solids. Your favorite food is pears and mac and cheese. You know how to make a mess with your food!! By the time you are done eating, it looks like someone got murdered. You have stuff on your hands, arms, face, hair, forehead...but you have fun and you are a great eater. What more could I ask for?! Im having fun trying new foods with you and seeing what kinds of things you like and don't like.






Your daddy likes feeding you too!! He and you have been having a lot of fun this holiday season ...watching Eagles games together, going shopping together, eating a lot of good food!


We are excited to ring in the New Year with you! A lot has happened in 2010 and I am thankful for every second you have been with me. I am excited for 2011 and watching you grow and change as the year goes on. I wonder what kind of blog post I will write in December 2011?

I love you baby of mine. You are my favorite gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment